Sunday, November 4, 2012

Time Well Spent....

I'm already on day four of my  intentional gratitude blitz! I can honestly say I feel myself shifting a bit, feeling brighter I guess you could say,  as I spend a few moments each day reflecting on what's good in my life. Today was the annual Mother/Son Brunch for Naperville North and I am so happy I was able to attend  with my son Russell. Being the mother of a teenager is an often complicated ride with the occasional mixed bag of emotions. They are trying to seperate from us as they prepare to leave home, we are trying to let go but don't always fully trust that they don't need our input at every turn. Sometimes it all  doesn't come off as gracefully as we would like, on both sides.

But today was just an easy day.... to spend some time together, hang with friends, eat some good food, maybe win a raffle or two (we never win....), and enjoy each others company. I'm feeling grateful my son enjoys my company, that I enjoy his and that we take the time to  participate in simple things like this Mother/Son Brunch. It's been a good day. I love you Russell!

No comments:

Post a Comment