Thursday, November 1, 2012

Grateful on Purpose

I've decided to do something a little ambitious for the month of November. Every day of this month, I'm going to name one thing I truly appreciate and take the time to create a small blog post about it. Every day. (If you ever look at my site, you'll see this is a big commitment for me, as an only-occasional blogger.) But I want to force my focus onto gratitude, consistently and on purpose.

So this November, as Thanksgiving approaches, I'm going to open my eyes in a deliberate way to what is beautiful and good around me. When Thanksgiving Day arrives, I won't have to rummage around in my brain for something to share with family and friends at the table. I hope my heart will be so full of thanks that I might not need to say anything at all. I encourage parents to try this with your kids. Ambitious? Maybe, but give it a try anyway. What's the worst thing that can happen......?

So, without further adieu......

I am grateful for my beautiful and wise mother. She's over her horrible cold and feeling better! Yeah! My mother taught me and showed me the importance and fearlessness of searching deeper into one's self and listening to their heart and finding one's own true path. Without her gentle encouragement and validation I'm not sure I would have found myself in this profession....one that I love so much and feel privledged and born to do. So thank you mom, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment