Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Graciousness.....it matters

Technically I missed a day on the blog, but I'm not going to let it deter me from my mission. If it's rationalizing....so be it. Like many other American's, yesterday I was completely caught up in the vote, democracy at work. I have a point of view for sure but what I feel most grateful for today is the graciousness that was exhibited by all involved after the votes were in and the numbers were tabulated. Many of us are, or I should say most of us are so sick of the mudslinging that has become the norm during our elections. It seems as though we have lost our civility and anything is fair came to say in order to win. Both of the presidential canditates as well as senate race canditates and house seemed to show a new civility yesterday at the end of the day. There was no chant of a recount, no sore loosers, no over the top winners....it was a good day. . Will it last? Who knows, I certainly hope so, but today it gives me great hope. I am grateful for change in the political climate today, the goodwill and cooperative spirit that was so evident late last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment